3 March 2012

I've been tagged...

First I would like to take a minute to thank everyone who has sent messages, or commented on my last blog post. The positive energy is wonderful and very much appreciated. Thank you!


So the game of tag is taking over blogland and I was tagged by the lovely Meg over at Nutmeg and Company. Thanks Meg. Such a fun game. The rules are as follows:
  1.  You must post the rules.
  2. Answer the 11 questions the tagger has posted for you and then create 11 new questions to ask the people you've tagged.
  3.  Tag 11 people and link them in your post.
  4. Let them know you've tagged them.
Now I'm gonna cheat a little; Most of the blogs that I follow have been tagged already (it has been wonderful to read the responses to their given questions) so in an effort not to create annoyance over fun, I'm not gonna tag anyone this go around. What I will do, is link to some of my regular reads so that those I probably would have tagged will get their due.

Back to the game...Meg had some good questions, so here are my answers:

What is the best thing about blogging?
Other bloggers, their supportive nature, how much they share, and the genuine welcome you feel when you become a part of this world.


What is the best thing you cook?
I don't cook...my husband does all the cooking (lucky girl I am). If I cook, my current specialty is a vegetarian version of Classic Taco's from Clean Eating magazine...I promise you will not miss the meat! Honest!


What project are you working on in your home right now?  
I am presently trying to finish the main floor bathroom so I can finally reveal it and the laundry room which have been the main household focus for the winter. Just waiting on the finishing touches now before I reveal...thanks for hanging in there :o)


Which room in your house reflects your style the most?
What is my style? I truly do not know, but I guess my kitchen is the room in the house I like the look of the most right now...even though it needs a complete reno eventually.


What makes your house a home?
The people in it...and the mess they make :o)

What is your favorite fabric?
White cotton denim...If I could, I would have my furniture in slipcovers of white cotton denim...then I can add any pop of colour I want whenever I want just by changing the throw cushions, and throw blankets...wouldn't that be lovely?...I often say I dream in white...but alas I have a blue denim wearing husband, kids and pets...not happening any time soon. 


Chocolate or Vanilla?
If we are referring to Ice cream, vanilla, everything else would be chocolate! If I am not dreaming in white, I am dreaming in chocolate.


What was your childhood nickname?
I would not normally share this, but in the interest of the game...Toaderella...my full name is Jodi...which my dad always shortened to Jode...and then it became Jode the Toad...then after complaining that I was being treated like cinderella (I wasn't but I was a grumpy kid being asked to do something I didn't think I should have to do) the name morphed into Toaderella...and stuck...ugh!


When you were a kid, what did you want to be when you grew up?
I don't recollect what I wanted to be when I was young...(funny sidebar my little Izzy is insistent right now that she wants to be a Queen when she grows up), but as a teenager I had set my sights on being a lawyer...now I am so far from that I laugh.


What is your favorite season?
Fall...I love that time when the subtle chill sneaks into the air and you get to put on jeans and a sweater and wear great boots...I love the sound of crisp leaves beneath your feet, and the fresh scent to the air...and Autumn in Muskoka (where I live) is a riot of beauty and colour.


How much time in a day do you devote to blogging?
Sometimes none, others I will spend a couple of hours planning and writing my post...and then I read, re-read, and ponder what I have written and whether or not I think it will be remotely interesting to someone else...then I hit post and hope I don't lose followers :o)


So There you have it...a little more about me. However if you use the nickname ever there will be a price to pay...just sayin :o)
As promised here are some of my regular reads
Lisa Roy
Life Begins at Thirty
His&Hers
10 Rooms
the Marion House book
8foot6
House*Tweaking
little thing called life
Strictly Simple Style
The Design Pages
Better After

Happy weekend all!
And once again thanks for all the love.

1 comment:

  1. Great answers to those questions! Toaderella? gosh- that's almost as bad as my sister's nickname that started off as Miriam, became Mirdle, became turtle, shortened to turd :)
    And I agree, fall in Muskoka is the best!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message, I love to hear from you!