3 February 2012

Late to the game...

I might be late to the game here, but I just read the January issue of House and Home (thanks BlogPodium for the copy!) and just have to say WOW! to Tommy Smythe's spread.


House and Home
 We all know and love Tommy as Sarah Richardson's sidekick, but not often do we see Tommy's own design work.  In the January issue he is front and centre with a stellar Victorian Makeover. If you don't have or can't find a copy of the magazine, check out the House and Home website for the photo gallery.

The kitchen above with it's three tone cabinets, and wonderful pops of red (look at that lantern!) is perfect for the home and the family living in it. Do I need to say anything about that floor...OMG!

While I am not a fan of it all, the zig zags on the walls in the bathroom are bit out there for me, much of the rest of the house is a study in tastefully bold as far as I am concerned.

House and Home
What do you think? Should we be seeing more of Tommy's work, or he destined to be Sarah's right hand man?

5 comments:

  1. I am always so surprised at how different his style is from Sarah's!

    I saw you attended BlogPodium too, so I wanted to pop over and say "hi" because we didn't have a chance to meet!

    Tanya from dans-le-townhouse.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't love the zigzags either...but I do love the kitchen. xo hoping the sun comes out for a while today!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Tommy's style! He seems to incorporate a lot of classic, traditional pieces into his rooms. Love the kitchen floor and pops of red. And the zigzags are a bit much for me too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW indeed...guessing I'm the very last, latest to this party!:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those zigzags are insane! I think I'd get tired of them before I even finished painting them. The red accents in the kitchen are so fun!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message, I love to hear from you!