11 January 2012

Laundry Room...the progress report

For those of you who have been following along for a awhile now you will remember the ugly truth of my laundry room, you know the one I was desperately embarrassed to show you but knew I had to so that the after could be fully appreciated...anyone new or who wants to see just how bad it was can read about it here

And so after a good push over the Christmas break, my darling father finished his part of the laundry room makeover. I am thrilled so far and now just have to set about decorating the room. My original thought was to paint, however the walls need just enough repair that I am thinking wallpaper might be the way to go.


The wallpaper will go in that corner where the samples are right now and be the background to the floor to ceiling adjustable shelving. We want something graphic but not too busy...I love the large scale damask in the store but felt it overpowered here. My husband loved the pseudo chevron but it comes out too dark in the space...it came down to the one noted above and the small scale damask...we agreed on the one noted above, but I am still secretly deciding.
As I mentioned previously I have a gallon of a wonderful teal/turquoise'ish colour that I am thinking of using as an accent, perhaps behind and to the right of the washer and dryer.

I am toying with carrying that bold colour into the adjacent bathroom above what will be the white wainscoting. I want the two rooms to relate as you have to go through the laundry room to get to the bathroom.

There is still lots to do and we still need to figure out what to do with the faux stone panelling on the left there, but we are so much further ahead and I am so thrilled at how much space I have.

I am even toying with a small ironing counter under the window (where the ironing board is now).

So because my husband and I both gravitated to the black and white wallpaper I did some searching for black white and turquoise inspiration...

source

source
I was happy to find some great examples and think it could really work for me.

Have you ever used turquoise? What do you think, is black white a turquoise the way to go...or is it too 2011?

4 comments:

  1. Hello there!
    I posted the recipe for you...
    And I vote for the turquoise...fresh, so great for a laundry...cheerful and CLEAN, but you do whatever YOU like!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I say go for it! I think it looks refreshing :) Can't wait to see it come together :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it would be stunning. I say go for it!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the wallpaper you are looking at. I love turquoise - we just did a very turquoise room for my daughter. I like the addition of something natural (warm wood, wicker baskets?) to warm up the space.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message, I love to hear from you!