28 November 2011

Still finding my legs...

I am a new blogger...I have been blogging for several months now, but I still feel new, unsure and have yet to figure out where all this is going. I think I knew when I started that I would not be able to focus solely on one thing and that I tend to like to comment on whatever is on my mind at the moment and thus the name of my blog 'In Corners of My Mind'. This post is a perfect example, it is not what I had intended to post on this morning, but I happened upon Jen at Rambling Renovators post this morning about her new venture Blog Podium, and here we are.

I ventured over to the Blog Podium website and perused there, and as I read the bios of the three creators, and read about the purpose of blog podium I started thinking about it all. Who am I in this world of blogs, what kind of blogger am I and where do I want all of this to go? A lot of questions and only I have the answers, I just haven't figured them out yet. So...I already have my trade day pass for the Interior Design Show where Blog Podium will have their inaugural discussion, I will await registration for this discussion and plan to attend, maybe participating in this will help me define who I am and where I want to go with it, maybe it won't but I believe with the wonderful bloggers behind it all I won't walk away disappointed.

Now as for today's post, I had intended to apologize for my lack of posts last week, the week just slipped away. However the back hall was finally finished with my old window pane frame, and my driftwood sign (both DIY I completed last week and hubby hung last night) so without further ado, here are the after photo's...which are just taken with my little Sony point and shoot...I am realizing the merits of a really good camera...maybe in the new year.








The driftwood coat rack was a DIY creation of my husband's several years ago; a piece of driftwood, and some iron hooks found at our dollar store and for less than 5 dollars we have this! 

There is still some finishing to do, a little bit of trim work, but it is far more complete than it was a week ago, which means I am far more happy. Now all I have to do is decide which project to tackle next...hmmm

Happy Monday all!

3 comments:

  1. wow - looks great! Aren't you missing that cozy carpet? ; ) Love the window frame and the driftwood pieces are the perfect touch.
    As for Blog Podium, it sounds really interesting! I think most bloggers have no clue where they're headed - I know I don't. I just post about things that interest me, catch my eye or of course decorating which I'm quite passionate about. I'm still amazed at how many people follow along with my ramblings! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. The coat rack is so pretty! And you can't beat $5 and under. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I understand your comments about trying to find your legs in the blog world. I'm also a new blogger (one month). There are so many things I want to do and say, but I haven't figured out the path I want to take to get to where I'm going. I think I'll be evolving for a while. Thank you for sharing your thoughts.
    Also, I like the coat rack! Beautiful texture in the wood!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message, I love to hear from you!