14 November 2011

It's beginning to look alot like...

Happy Monday all! I hope you all had a great weekend and that this week starts out on the right foot...I love Mondays for that reason; you feel like it is a clean slate each week.

We had a busy weekend here with my eldest home for a few days and ending with a trip to Ikea...not bad at all.

I am feeling festive today. I love Christmas and it is that time of year isn't it. For me I have had Christmas on the brain since August, that is when I have to start getting my ducks in a row for the gallery. I have been doing a small facebook ad campaign for the last 5 weeks or so providing a gift idea a week for the 12 weeks leading up to the big day...some people are hating on me for that but what can I do? Did you know there are now only 6 Saturdays until Christmas? If you want to follow along, 'like' Silver Bridge Gallery on Facebook and if you see something that is of interest, let me know we can always ship.

So today is the day we start decorating the gallery...yay! I would love to do it earlier, but out of respect for our veterans we like to wait until after Remembrance Day. I am excited, but it is always a bit of pressure to fit in with all the great window displays on the street. Regardless, decorating for Christmas is fun and I am happy to start my week off in just this way.

To add to the Christmas spirit today, Chantelle at fat mum slim introduced me to the Gifted 2011 online magazine produced by Creature Comforts


via Creature Comforts
A great publication with some great ideas...check out last years while you are at it.  It is wonderful as well, with some great little DIY ideas. 

If you really want to get into the spirit, check out Jen at Rambling Renovators' blog today all about Christmas Street at the Bay. Enough to make you want to sing carols...

Happy Monday...ho ho ho :c)

3 comments:

  1. hope to see pics of the gallery! Heading over to Jen's now..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jo

    you mentioned that word. You know that word you are supposed to whisper as it gets us gals very excited and planning our list and day trip there - Ikea!

    Hope you are well lovely :)

    Have a wonderful day,

    loulou, from hereiamloulou blog

    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always love this time of year - planning and decorating. Its a bit weird this year since we don't have our tree here or any decorations - I'll have to keep decorating simple - and easy to store away come January. Wish I could see your window display! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message, I love to hear from you!