7 November 2011

Conflicted...

Happy Monday everyone...hope you all had a wonderful weekend...I did.

I'll start by saying the slipcovers did not happen. I had such good intentions but Saturday just slipped gloriously away from me as the girls and I meandered through the day...we even took a nap together...it was splendid! Sunday saw more pressing matters that needed to be dealt with like cleaning gutters and putting up Christmas lights before it gets too cold. I waited until the end of November last year and froze my finger tips off (not literally in case you were worried). It too was a wonderful day with lots accomplished.

So what does all this have to do with the title of this post...well nothing...just updating you so I can move on to the real reason for this post.

Why are you conflicted? I'll just say it...I hate exercise. I really do. I hate that I have to drag myself out of bed before the sun and the wee ones rise so I can fit in 30 mins of cardio...I hate that I spend that 30 min watching the clock. I hate sweating. No conflict here right? Well here is the conflict; I love how I feel after I have exercised. I love the feeling of accomplishment. I love the surge of energy I get about an hour after I workout that makes me feel like it's gonna be a good day. I love the feeling of absolute exhaustion that tells me I gave it my all. Above all else I love what it does for my body.

before and during

So it is that each day I wake with a heavy foreboding feeling, I drag my a$$ out if bed shlup downstairs praying that neither girl wakes up at the creak of the stairs...I put in my time and hate it while I do, but then the reward of accomplishment comes and I feel for a brief moment that maybe I don't hate exercise all that much.

Happy Monday...here's to a successful week!




8 comments:

  1. Oh good for you! I too hate exercise, but unlike you, I can only force myself to do it about half the time. How much weight have you lost?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Miss Kitty...
    I have lost 40lbs so far...would like to drop another 40 but we'll see what my body has to say about that ;) Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You may hate exercise, but it sure loves you! You look terrific.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jodi

    Oh yes there are days where I swing with the love and the hate of exercise.

    I loved it all my life and never missed a beat with exercise.

    Then children came along and boy did the pattern go up and down.

    I was "back into it" a little while back and the wheels have fallen off the last 3 weeks - so I am hoping for the "fresh new start" mode to kick in for next week.

    take care Jodi and see you again soon (your place, my place or pinterest - all I need you to do is to be on Facebook and please join twitter :)

    loulou, from hereiamloulou blog

    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Christmas lights should ALWAYS take priority! Good choice! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hear ya! I hate exercise as much as you do! You're looking great! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh naps are such glorious things! And you look fabulous, by the way! I also have a similar relationship with exercise... I like to run outside and on nature trails to take my mind off of it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message, I love to hear from you!