31 October 2011

Standing on a line...

I am addicted to sugar...some may laugh but it is truly an addiction, and like an addict, I cannot allow myself any sugar or it sets me down a very slippery slope,of desire and craving that eventually gets the better of me.

For those who do not know I am amid a journey to a healthy weight and lifestyle. It began last February after I thought I was having a heart attack and spent the day in hospital. As I sat there wondering what was happening to my body I could not stop thinking about the fact that I have two young daughters...and a daughter who is just at the beginning of her adult life...not to mention my loving husband sitting next to me. What had I done...how did get this far? I was not having a heart attack, but a prolonged anxiety attack they figure. Regardless something had to give.

Long story short I started this journey I am on and have lost 40lbs along the way this far. Except I have slipped...fallen off the wagon as it were over the last couple of months. It happens slowly at first with a small treat here or there and then the old patterns take hold and you fall into the 'but I've been so good' trap or the 'whats one more' trap. Then you get to the 'oh who cares anymore' phase. Truth is I care. And so it is that today marks day one...again. The new goal is to lose another 40lbs. I have not put a timeline on it, but have challenged myself to workout at least 30minutes once every day for the next 30days.

via pinterest
So here I stand...on the line but I am not giving up! This morning was 30 minutes of cardio and weight training...feels good really. So day one is off to a good start.

Happy Monday all! And Happy Halloween!

4 comments:

  1. Good for you! And kudos for starting day 1 on Halloween of all days! You can do it!
    It's so easy to fall off the wagon isn't it? I've been particularly bad lately too and really need a good kick in the pants. At least the weather is cooling enough now to get outside for a walk. I did 30 min on my treadmill today though so I'm patting myself on the back :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good job!
    I hope you keep writting about your journey!

    I have a mean addiction with it too and know exactly what you're saying. I have went years without it and struggle to keep a handle on it if I have any around me. I don't always win.
    Going into the holiday season is a hard time to take control with so much temptation, but it's the best time to challenge ourselves!

    I started running again this year after getting fed up with feeling unhealthy. I will stop by and cheer you on! I know how hard it can be some days!
    Have a great day!
    Tracie

    ReplyDelete
  4. My current weight loss goal is much the same as yours and it helps so much to know that I am not alone in the journey! Thank you for having the courage to share it with us.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message, I love to hear from you!