6 September 2011

I Love September...

I love fall...not that I dislike summer or anything, but I love the cool crisp and refreshing air after the heat and humidity of summer, just like we love spring and summer after the depths of the freezing cold of winter. However, autumn is by far my favorite season. I think of it as my New Year. I think it coincides with the whole back to school thing of years past. It was always a time to start fresh, and I still feel that way.


This time of year is special to me as well because I married Jake 3 years ago today in fact...so yet another reason to relate September to a new beginning. On this day three years ago I married my best friend and how happy he made me that day and all the days since. Jake has proven to be a wonderful partner in life, love and parenthood, and there are days I can't imagine how I ever managed without him, and then I thank my lucky stars I no longer have to.


Yesterday was Labour Day here in Canada and as this is the day of the exodus from the cottage (we live in Muskoka aka Cottage Country) we thought it would be safe to close the Gallery and spend the day as a proper family. It was magnificent!

It was a cool gray day but it wasn't raining, and although we had our sights set on a 'do-nothing-jammy' kinda day, but after about two hours we were bored and decided a hike was in order. The girls still being little we needed to decide on somewhere short and not too difficult, so we drove to Wilson Falls here in Bracebridge and decided on the trail that goes over the falls and along the river. This was the first time we'd taken the girls along so we weren't sure what to expect but they were awesome; clamouring through the woods, over downed trees, gnarly roots and climbing up rocks, and occasionally sliding down small hills.



just to note that I do not make my children bring place mats with them...
but in this case that mat sticking out of Izzy's backpack is her map for our adventure ;)







It was not a long hike, but it was fun and the girls really enjoyed themselves. Hubby and I enjoyed as well.

Today Miss Izzy went to meet her teacher and see her new classroom...I am okay so far, but I cannot promise I will not collapse into tears next Tuesday when we take her to school and say goodbye. I'll keep you posted on that one.

Happy Tuesday all...and Happy new year if it feels that way to you too!

2 comments:

  1. Happy Anniversary!! Fall is my favourite season as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely day you all must have had. Happy anniversary :) Thanks so much for adding your link and sharing at Beach Cottage Good Life Wednesdays.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message, I love to hear from you!