30 August 2011

Aesthetically confused...

Let me first say that I love the blogging world. It has opened up so much to me that I cannot imagine why it took me so long to begin this exploration. Having said that, it has also left me confused.

Before I embarked on this blogging journey and started exploring others' blogs, I thought I had a clear vision for my home, and it's design and decor, I am after all an Interior Designer, but every day I see something else that inspires a new and utterly unpredicted direction for where I want to take my still fairly blank canvas of a home.

In my defense, I am primarily a corporate, retail, restaurant designer, that is what my background is, tho I did move to Muskoka to do cottage design...which I did but do not do anymore. Also in my defense, I am a Libra and we are notorious for being indecisive.

My choices for my home have always been a little sedate and neutral, which is strange because I love colour!
source
I would love to have this in my home, and yet my kitchen is neutral as seen here. Now don't get me wrong, I love my kitchen (well if I could afford to reno it I would but all things considered...) but as hard as I try I always end up choosing neutral...and not white neutral, beige neutral. In my living room I have this Ektorp sofa from Ikea. Again I like the sofa; it was inexpensive, comfortable and slipcovered, but it is, at the end of the day, beige.
Which is why I want to add this area rug to the living room...


But cannot spend the money on it right now...so I have ordered something more along these lines...


Anyhow I digress...I am all over the map when it comes to design these days.
I love white rooms and I often say I dream in white...

source
I love the simplicity of this (above), and yet I also love this (below) for it's ordered chaos and colour...

source
 There is this...

source
And then there is this...

source
Sigh...I just don't know which direction to take...sometimes I think I over think and when I do that I get overwhelmed and then it is just easier to do nothing (and it is cheaper too).  So as I sit here doing nothing I will continue to ponder which direction to head...and hopefully after some more blog reading and more 'pinning' a trend will emerge and all will become clear...fingers crossed.

2 comments:

  1. Love the simplicity too! The books and those colourful chairs! Great eye!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with finding out what decor/design thats just right for you :) Great inspiration. Thanks for linking to Beach Cottage Good Life Wednesdays.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message, I love to hear from you!